The United Kingdom hosted the 2012 Olympics games in London. One of the stadiums built to accommodate a well-known sporting event was the Aquatics Centre, costing a total of $269m, with Balfour Beatty as the principal contractor. Using ground breaking innovative construction once completed, this structure won architectural awards. In 2010, BM Rope Access was subcontracted to assist with fitting of the steel roof structure to include the pivotal load bearings which carried the total weight of 3000 tons.
In addition, we provided other services such as:
- Shot blasting areas of the steel roof structure
- Steel erection and painting the steel roof structure
- Welding and installation of the lightening protection system
- Installation of the suspended timber ceiling
- High tension fabric roof installation
- Entire stadium clean down
- Man Safety Netting (FASET)
- Wi-Fi antennas install and removal in 2013 post Olympics
For more information about our services and the benefits of using rope access systems on your next project give us a call on 0203 011 55 03 or complete our contact form.